Explore The Valley of Gold Called Sonmarg With Rover Travels.
Traveling to Sonmarg with Rover Travels, a local Travel company in Kashmir, is a travel journey filled with stunning landscapes. Sonmarg valley features beautiful landscapes, along the way, you will pass towns like Ganderbal, Kangan, and Gund, and see fields of rice paddies, traditional local charming villages, and walnut groves. Towards the end of the drive, you’ll witness the beauty of rolling green meadows, deep gorges, and dense forests, all set against the snow covered mighty Harmukh range.
Sonmarg, which is about 87 kilometers from Srinagar, located at a height about 3,000 meters above sea level on the Srinagar Ladakh National highway NH1. It serves as a gateway to Ladakh via the Zoji-La pass and is also a starting point for the pilgrimage to the sacred Amarnath cave. Besides, there are multiple trekking routes that start from Sonmarg, and adventurous visitors can also enjoy river rafting in Sonmarg on the Sindh river.
Sonmarg is a beautiful valley in baramula district in the breathtaking Kashmir Valley. sonmarg often called Paradise on Earth, offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountains and sindh river streams. Adventure lovers flock to Sonmarg for the ample opportunities it provides for skiing, snowboarding, and hiking.
Sonmarg, with its captivating beauty, large number of tourists come every year to enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of Kashmir. Every traveler coming to Sonamarg enjoys in scenic destination and relax in its natural charm. Kashmir’s adventurous activities will give you burst of adrenaline at every destination.
Plenty of places to explore in and around Sonmarg, including the revered Amarnath Temple, beautiful lakes like Vishansar, Krishansar, Gadsar and Gangabal, and the high altitude Zojila Pass. At Rover Travels, a local company based in Kashmir, we’re ready to help you plan your trip to this heavenly destination.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SONMARG RECOMMENDED BY ROVER TRAVELS!
Here are some amazing places to see in Sonamarg:
- Zoji La: It’s a high mountain pass that offers beautiful views of snowy Himalayas. It’s a challenging route, connecting Srinagar and Leh.
- Thajiwas Glacier: Just 3 km from Sonamarg, this spot has a frozen lake, snow covered mountains, and waterfalls. It’s great for trekking and pony rides. Visit between April and October.
- Baltal Valley: 15 km from Sonmarg, it’s a great camping site with waterfalls, glaciers, and meadows. Best to visit between April and September.
- Krishansar Lake: This lake at 4000 meters changes color with the climate. It’s popular for trekking and fishing. Visit between June and September.
- Shutkari Bridge: This spot is known for white water rafting. Enjoy the view of the bridge and the thrill of rafting.
- Zero Point: It’s a winter spot with snow-capped mountains and maple tree valleys. The road here is rough and narrow. It’s covered in snow all year but best to visit between February and June.
Planning a trip to Sonamarg? Experience the breathtaking beauty of this gem with Rover Travels! Visit stunning places like:
- Zero Point: A snowy wonderland that’s enchanting all year round.
- Baltal Valley: A beautiful camping site known for its waterfalls and glaciers.
- Zoji La: A high mountain pass with scenic views of the snow-capped Himalayas.
- Thajiwas Glacier: A magnificent spot for trekking, pony rides, and exploring the frozen lake.
- Gadsar Lake and Gangabal Lake: Must-visit spots for their serene beauty and tranquil surroundings.
Make your trip hassle free with Rover Travels. Call us on +91-7006-034-586 or book directly on our website www.rovertravels.in. Let us help you make unforgettable memories in Sonmarg. For directions to our office please click here